A North Carolina woman had her son arrested for stealing her Pop-Tarts.
The mother called investigators to report her Pop-Tarts had been stolen.
She ratted out her own son as the culprit.
The boy was placed under juvenile arrest and was charged with larceny/misdemeanor.
A couple in Pennsylvania stabbed each other during an argument over which contestant should win "American Idol".
The 48-year-old Karen woman and 57-year-old man had been watching the show at their home when they got into a drunken argument over which contestant – Candice Glover or Kree Harrison – should win the season’s title.
One of them went to the kitchen, grabbed a knife and stabbed the other... and vice-versa.
They'll be in court soon.
A San Francisco engineer made an engagement ring with LEDs for his fiance. It is made so the LEDs light when he’s near her.
It took the guy 5 months to make before giving it to her. The interior of the ring is wrapped in a coil of copper which generates a current when exposed to an alternating magnetic field.
To supply the field, he built a wrist-mounted device that he could wear and easily conceal.
When they get close, the LEDs light up under the stones.
However, the armband needs to be within 3-4 inches at the moment - something he hopes to improve in the wedding ring.
1. Learn to tie a tie--Even better: learn how to tie a bow tie. Even better than better: learn to fold a pocket square. It takes sharp dressing to another level.
2. Wear the right amount of cologne--Brilliant tip: shower, towel off, then spray your cologne on - then put your clothes on. That way the cologne is on you, not on your clothes.
3. Build a fire--At the very least, know how to light a grill. You can buy a little Weber-style kettle grill at a garage sale. Get some lighter fluid. Go get some chicken thighs, pour some Italian dressing over them and that's your marinade. Then sit around and drink a beer.
4. Know how to take care of a hungover lady—Have some coconut water on hand. You can get her some food and then you have one rom-com for her to watch.
5. Ask a woman on a date--A real date. And no, "group hang" does not qualify. There's something very charming if someone asks you out on a date. They have the intention, but they also have a plan. They don't leave it all up to you.
6. Enjoy the company of old people--For life advice, but also just for fun. Old men will give you the greatest fashion advice. They know how to look sharp. They know how to be put-together. They know about the pocket square. These are the people who won World War II. And old women are even better because they've reached the "do not give a fk" stage.
7. The more time you spend talking about yourself and how great you are, the less great you seem--Next time you catch yourself talking about work, take a minute. It's always the people who never say much about what they're doing who you later you find out won the Nobel Peace Prize.
8. Ironing in general--Particularly a dress shirt. Yes, you can own an iron. And yes, you can even own an ironing board. And when you actually put them to use, you can elevate your everyday style from "eh" to "Okay."
9. Crack open your car manual and actually read it--Little things like changing a car headlight can save you time and money. Know what's in your manual. Flip through it. You'll be surprised at how much stuff you can do yourself if you just know what's in the manual.
10. Be a thoughtful gifter--Notice the girl likes something. One time she'll say, "Oh, I love this bracelet. Oh, this blouse is so pretty. Oh, this is such a cute little pot for my house." Just remember one of those times. File it away and go buy that thing. Wait three months. Give it to her. She will be yours forever.
A vendor at Minute Maid Park in Houston was fired after a fan filmed him taking a tray of snow cones into a stadium bathroom and putting it on the floor of the stall while using the toilet.
A man at the Houston Astros game on Monday captured video on his cellphone that shows the vendor's feet with his pants dropped down to his ankles as he sat on the toilet with a box of the snow cones on the bathroom floor.
The man shared the video with the local news which aired it. Once the Astros saw the video, the vendor was fired.
Morgan Freeman fell asleep during a TV interview. Freeman and Michael Caine were doing interviews to promote their new movie “Now You See Me.” While doing an interview with Fox's Seattle-Tacoma affiliate TV station, Freeman’s eyes kept closing. And when the camera came back from showing a clip, his head was drooping way down on his chest. The actor released a statement after the incident saying "I wasn't actually sleeping. I'm a beta tester for Google Eyelids. I was merely updating my Facebook page." Story
McDonald's (MCD 0.00%) has had a tough time giving customers what they want when they want it here in the States, but in far less judgmental Japan it has no problem backing a dump truck's worth of french fries onto a customer's tray.
Japan Today notes that McDonald's outlets there are offering customers the Mega Potato, a container of fries double the size of an order of large fries that goes for roughly $5. At 350 grams, it's more than three-quarters of a pound of fries poured into a Golden Arches-stamped cardboard trough that McDonald's has advertised as "perfect for sharing."
The food press has already begun clutching its pearls over the fat content and the potential health consequences of the boat-sized order of fries, which will be available May 24 through June. At an estimated 1,142 calories, it is the highest-calorie food served at McDonald's, reports Muripo.
Dec 22 - Jan 20
Although you appear crude, you are actually very slick on the inside. Okra have
tremendous influence. An older Okra can look back over his life and see the seeds of
his influence everywhere. Stay away from Moon Pies!
Jan 21 - Feb 19
Chitlins often come from humble backgrounds. Many times they're uncomfortable
talking about just where they came from. A chitlin, however, can make something of
himself if he's motivated and has plenty of seasoning. When it comes to dealing with
Chitlins, be very careful. Chitlins can burn and then erupt like Vesuvius, and this can make for a really terrible mess. Chitlins are best with Catfish and Okra. Remember that when marriage time rolls around.
Feb 20- Mar 20
You have an overwhelming curiosity. You're unsatisfied with the surface of things,
and you feel the need to bore deep into the interior of everything. Needless to say,
you are very intense and driven as if you had some inner hunger. Nobody in their
right mind is going to marry you, so don't worry about it.
Mar 21- April 20
You're the type that spends a lot of time on the front porch. It's a cinch to
recognize the physical appearance of Moon Pies. Big and round are the key words
here. You should marry anybody who you can get remotely interested in the idea. It's not going to be easy. This might be the year to think about aerobics. Maybe not.
APR 21 - May 21
When confronted with life's difficulties, possums have a marked tendency to
withdraw and develop a don't-bother-me-about-it attitude. Sometimes you become so withdrawn, people actually think you're dead. This strategy is probably not
psychologically healthy, but seems to work for you. One day, however, it won't work and you may find your problems actually running you over.
May 22 - June 21
Crawfish is a water sign. If you work in an office, you're always hanging around the water cooler. Crawfish prefer the beach to the mountains, the pool to the golf
course, the bathtub to the living room. You tend to be not particularly attractive
physically, but you have very, very good heads.
June 22- July 23
Collards have a genius for communication. They love to get in the "melting pot" of
life and share their essence with the essence of those around them. Collards make
good social workers, psychologists, and baseball managers. As far as your personal
life goes, if you are Collards, stay away from Moon Pies. It just won't work. Save
yourself a lot of heartache.
July 24 - Aug 23
Catfish are traditionalists in matters of the heart, although one: Whiskers may cause problems for loved ones. Your catfish are never easy people to understand. You prefer the muddy bottoms to the clear surface of life. Above all else, Catfish should stay away from Moon Pies.
Aug 24 - Sept 23
Your highest aim is to be with others like yourself. You like to huddle together with a big crowd of other Grits. You love to travel, thought so maybe you should think about joining a club. Where do you like to go? Anywhere they have cheese or gravy or bacon or butter or eggs. If you can go somewhere where they have all these things, that serves you well.
Sept 24 - Oct 23
You have a passionate desire to help your fellow man. Unfortunately, those who know you best -- your friends and loved ones-may find that your personality is much too salty, and their criticism will probably affect you deeply because you are really much softer than you appear. You should go right ahead and marry anybody you want to because in a certain way, yours is a charmed life. On the road of life, you can be sure that people will always pull over and stop for you.
October 24 - Nov 22
Always invite a Butter Bean because Butter Beans get along well with everybody.
You, as a Butter Bean, should be proud. You've grown on the vine of life and you feel at home no matter what the setting. You can sit next to anybody. However, you too, shouldn't have anything to do with Moon Pies.
Nov 23 - Dec 21
You have a tendency to develop a tough exterior, but you are actually quite gentle. A good evening for you? Old friends, a fire, some roots, fruit, worms and insects. You are a throwback. You're not concerned with today's fashions and trends. You're not concerned with anything about today. You're really almost prehistoric in your interests and behavior patterns. You probably want to marry another Armadillo, but Possum is another somewhat kinky, mating possibility.
SODDY DAISY — The shooting of two bald eagles have struck a patriotic nerve in the Tennessee Valley. Wildlife officers found one of the eagles in Hamilton County. The other was discovered in Monroe County. Both survived and are recovering, before being released into the wild.
An $11,000 dollar reward in each case is being offered for information leading to the arrest of the shooter or shooters responsible.
The first, a fully grown bald eagle, was shot down along the Tennessee River in Soddy Daisy the last week of March.