Are you a local artist or band trying to get started in country music? We want to hear your music and put it on US 101! CLICK HERE to download your music! And then listen every Sunday night at 10 PM!
Jake Owen at the ACM Awards
Sara Evans and Jay Barker
Sheryl Crow in Vegas
Reba at the CMA Awards
Randy Houser in Vegas
Blake Shelton at the CMAs
Jason Aldean in Vegas
A new app touches up photos for you.
The Pixtr app uses face recognition software to scan the photo and make minor adjustments like slimming a nose or a jawline, trimming eyebrows, correcting camera distortion.
It takes into account things like sex, hair color, age.
The app is free but Pixtr charges $1 to edit a batch of photos, like all the pics from your vacation.
1. The "Thomas" character in Pocahontas was actually voiced by actor Christian Bale.
2. Ed Helms' missing tooth in The Hangover wasn't computer generated, it's real. An adult tooth never grew in so he has an implant.
3. Gwyneth Paltrow played young Wendy in the movie, “Hook.”
4. "Vader" is Dutch for father.
5. It was movie director, James Cameron, who drew the portrait of Rose in “Titanic.” The drawing was auctioned for at least $16,000.
6. In early drafts, the time machine in “Back to the Future” was supposed to be a refrigerator.
7. Pumbaa was the first character to ever exhibit flatulence in a Disney movie.
8. Will Smith was originally approached to play Neo in "The Matrix", but backed out to star in “Wild Wild West” instead.
9. John Travolta was considered for Maverick in “Top Gun,” but his asking price was too high.
10. Robert De Niro turned down the role of Captain Jack Sparrow because he thought “Pirates of the Caribbean” was going to bomb.
11. R2D2 is shorthand for "Reel 2, Dialogue 2" that was used in George Lucas' film “American Graffiti.”He liked the sound of it and re-used it for Star Wars.
12. The lead characters in “Pulp Fiction” were named Vincent and Jules, and the lead characters in“Twins” were also named Vincent and Julius. Coincidence? Nope. Danny DeVito was a producer on “Pulp Fiction.”
13. E.T.'s face was modeled after Albert Einstein, Carl Sandburg and a pug.
14. The Lion King was originally called "King of the Jungle" before they realized that lions don't actually live in jungles.
Fans of the TV show Nashville may have heard the country version of "Ho Hey" by Lennon Stella & Maisy Stella.
So what did you think about it?
For the low, low price of $59.00 (was $79.00).
This "all over" print crewneck sweatshirt is made using a special sublimation technique to provide a vivid graphic image throughout the shirt.
Hint....he is the one waiting for the flood.
South Florida is dealing with an invasion of giant African land snails.
They can grow as large as rats (the biggest measure eight inches long), and can eat their way through plaster and stucco.
More than 1,000 are already being caught per week in Miami-Dade County, and that number is set to swell when the 'mollusks' end their underground hibernation. Since September 2011, 117,000 have been caught.
According to a Florida Department of Agriculture rep, the snails eat "over 500 known species of plants ... pretty much anything that's in their path and green."
And that's not all: Their shells can blow out tires; their slime can make sidewalks slick; and they carry a lungworm that can give humans meningitis (though no US cases have been reported).
They're also tough to eradicate, since one typically produces about 1,200 eggs per year and can live up to nine years. The last invasion, in 1966, took $1 million—and about a decade—to deal with.
Experts from all around the US held a symposium last week to discuss solutions.