COWBOY KYLE'S INSTAGRAM
So what's our motivation for participating in No Shave November for St Jude Children's Hospital? Over the next several days..we'll give your our motivations one by one.. First...we'll start with Gator...
For me, St Jude is not a Charity, or even a Hospital. It’s a punk kid named Jack that I met 12 years ago battling neuroblastoma, (a cancer of the peripheral nervous system) and today lives in remission a couple of miles down the road from me.
It’s Reese, who lost his fight last year, but he’s complete now in Heaven with Jesus.
It’s my 2 healthy girls Roman & Ezra. Ultimately, for me, St Jude is… HOPE, and how can you not wanna be a part of giving kids that.
Studies show that the season of birth can be linked to an increased risk for a number of serious diseases. Here’s the chart:
Get the Full list
We Just came across this blog that was published in 2011 but it sure is powerful now. If you're a dad with a daughter you're surely going to want to read it over. The list below is some great advice..but you really should also read the FULL ARTICLE by Clicking Here.
1. Love her mom.
2. Always be there.
3. Save the day.
4. Savor every moment you have together.
5. Pray for her. Regularly. Passionately. Continually.
6. Buy her a glove and teach her to throw a baseball.
7. She will fight with her mother. Choose sides wisely.
8. Go ahead. Buy her those pearls.
9. Of course you look silly playing peek-a-boo. You should play anyway.
10. Enjoy the wonder of bath time.
11. There will come a day when she asks for a puppy. At least one time in her life, just say, “Yes.”
12. It’s never too early to start teaching her about money.
13. Make pancakes in the shape of her age for breakfast on her birthday.
14. Buy her a pair of Chucks as soon as she starts walking.
15. Dance with her. Don’t wait ‘til her wedding day.
16. Take her fishing. .
17. Learn to say no.
18. Tell her she’s beautiful. Say it over and over again.
19. Teach her to change a flat.
20. Take her camping.
21. Let her hold the wheel. She will always remember when daddy let her drive.
22. She’s as smart as any boy. Make sure she knows that.
23. When she learns to give kisses, she will want to plant them all over your face. Encourage this practice.
24. Knowing how to eat sunflower seeds correctly will not help her get into a good college. Teach her anyway.
25. Letting her ride on your shoulders is pure magic.
26. It is in her nature to make music. It’s up to you to introduce her to the joy of socks on a wooden floor.
27. If there’s a splash park near your home, take her there often.
28. She will eagerly await your return home from work in the evenings. Don’t be late.
29. If her mom enrolls her in swim lessons, make sure you get in the pool too.
30. Never miss her birthday. In ten years she won’t remember the present you gave her. She will remember if you weren’t there.
31. Teach her to roller skate. Watch her confidence soar.
32. Let her roll around in the grass. It’s good for her soul. It’s not bad for yours either.
33. Take her swimsuit shopping. Don’t be afraid to veto some of her choices, but resist the urge to buy her full-body beach pajamas.
34. Somewhere between the time she turns three and her sixth birthday, the odds are good that she will ask you to marry her. Let her down gently.
35. She’ll probably want to crawl in bed with you after a nightmare. This is a good thing.
36. Few things in life are more comforting to a crying little girl than her father’s hand.
37. Introduce her to the swings at your local park. She’ll squeal for you to push her higher and faster. Her definition of “higher and faster” is probably not the same as yours. Keep that in mind.
38. When she’s a bit older, your definition of higher and faster will be a lot closer to hers. When that day comes, go ahead… give it all you’ve got.
39. Holding her upside down by the legs while she giggles and screams uncontrollably is great for your biceps. WARNING: She has no concept of muscle fatigue.
40. She might ask you to buy her a pony on her birthday. Unless you live on a farm, do not buy her a pony on her birthday. It’s OK to rent one though.
41. Take it easy on the presents for her birthday and Christmas. Give her Experiences instead.
42. Let her know she can always come home. No matter what.
43. Remember, just like a butterfly, she too will spread her wings and fly some day. Enjoy her caterpillar years.
44. Write her a handwritten letter every year on her birthday. Give them to her when she goes off to college, becomes a mother herself, or when you think she needs them most.
45. Learn to trust her. Gradually give her more freedom as she gets older.
46. When in doubt, trust your heart. She already does.
47. When your teenage daughter is upset, learning when to engage and when to back off will add years to YOUR life. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
48. Ice cream covers over a multitude of sins. Know her favorite flavor.
49. This day is coming soon. There’s nothing you can do to be ready for it. The sooner you accept this fact, the easier it will be.
50. Today she’s walking down the driveway to get on the school bus. Tomorrow she’s going off to college. Don’t blink.
photos by Gator Harrison.
In an ad to show Volvo trucks "dynamic steering".... Jean-Claude Van Damme performs the splits standing on the mirrors of two trucks.. Now here's the question.. Is it REAL or Fake? Either way..it's cool.. (my opinion is BELOW the video - StyckMan)
I think the splits are very real.. however..notice that the trucks are moving backwards... I think...SOMEHOW.. he STARTED in the splits..and the trucks came together. Run it backwards and it appears as if he's going INTO the splits. I'm not sure HOW he got into the splits in the first place...but the trucks are RUNNING BACKWARDS.. hmmmmm STILL COOL...VERY DANG COOL
From kissing in public to wearing embarrassing swimwear and cycling gear, us parents really do have a unique talent when it comes to humiliating their children... But dangit..that's the GOAL most of the time.
Other "Cringe-Worthy" acts....
What did your parents do that made you cringe? OOOR What do you do to your kids to make THEM cringe?
PHOTO BY FREE RANGE STOCK